Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) engages in the development, adoption and use of globally accepted, industry-leading knowledge and practices for information systems, to reflect the broad range of IT governance professionals that it serves. Since its inception, ISACA has become a pace-setting global organization for information governance, control, security and audit professionals. Its IS auditing and IS control standards are followed by practitioners worldwide. Its research pinpoints professional issues challenging its constituents.
About ISACA Student Group
ISACA Student Groups (ISGs) encourage education beyond the classroom by allowing students to network and learn from each other, and connect with a supportive group of professionals. ISG gives students the opportunity to get to know ISACA by interacting with professionals at events sponsored by the university and the local chapter. By participating in an ISG, students gain knowledge and experience that moves them ahead of the competition when they graduate.
- Develop a forum for learning beyond the classroom
- Organize fun campus events with students from other related disciplines (accounting, business, engineering, IT/computer science)
- Gain leadership opportunities to add to a resume/CV
- Connect with local chapter professionals
- Get mentoring on career paths from experienced practitioners
- Contact industry leaders with job opportunities post-graduation
About UNITEC ISACA Student group
Formed by a set of like minded Information Security enthusiasts, we promise to provide all student members enrolled at Unitec greater career insight and networking opportunities in the areas of information security and assurance, IT risk management, audit, compliance and information systems. The organization is recognized by ISACA International and supported by the ISACA Auckland chapter.
We are ISACA’s First Officially recognized Student Group in New Zealand.
- Develop relationships and a channel of communication between member students and industry professionals working in relevant fields
- Supplement classroom learning with greater career insight by inviting guest speakers and by interacting with professionals at events organized in accordance with ISACA Auckland Chapter
- Provide a means for member students who share similar career interests to build a network with fellow students
- Raise the visibility of information security amongst both students and prospective employers
- Cyber Security Fundamentals Certificate (CSX)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)